2016, oh, what a year! We’re already revving our engines for exciting things to come in 2017, but before we move on to the next, we thought we’d take a moment to look back on a year that has proven to be our best yet:
- We opened stores like whoa. We opened two new stores in 2016, adding “The Farmhouse” in Palo Alto’s Town & Country Village and “The Studio” popup at Platform in Culver City. We’ve loved meeting the St. Frank collectors in each locale. Thanks for coming out to visit and support us! We’ve got more stores on the docket for next year, too. Want us to open our doors near you? Drop a note in the comments section below!
- We went the extra yard(age). We added fabric by the yard and wallpaper to our product offering and y’all have run with it to customize your pad à la St. Frank. The line is based on our iconic textiles from around the globe and allow you to get creative with your space and furniture. Founder Christina Bryant transformed her own studio apartment in our Indigo Arrows wallpaper this summer. The result wowed the editors of Lonny magazine, who featured her abode in their October issue. Next step: show us how you used your yardage (and other St. Frank pieces) and email your snaps to email@example.com.
- We must admit, it took a village (try several). We worked with 38 different artisans groups in 2016 (growing our base of artisans by 90% from the year prior!), which employed more than 250 individuals all over the world. We now work in 24 different countries. In 2016, we partnered for the first time with artisans in Bolivia, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Philippines, Indonesia, Mauritania, and Togo. Fun fact: more than 70% of our artisan partners are women.
- We made headlines. This year we were featured in Forbes, House Beautiful, The Wall Street Journal, Town & Country, and Us Weekly, to name a few. We still get giddy picking up a copy of these big time publications and seeing our story shared across the country and around the world.
- We continued to grow our frankophile posse. Our team tripled in size since last year, thanks mostly to our incredible store teams. If you’ve been into any of our retail locations, you’ve experienced just how wonderful they really are. And not only does this group love to talk about the St. Frank product, but they bring diverse backgrounds to the table. These folks have worked in jewelry and fashion design, immigration law, comedy writing, and product development! Interested in joining our team? We’re looking for folks at HQ and our California stores. Check out our job openings.
We are so thankful for your support this past year and can’t wait for all that’s to come! Thanks for being part of it. Happy New Year!